The Bitcoin Community in Saigon has these days thanks to the dedicated work of some people within the community been able to expand the reach of Bitcoin Merchants in Saigon.
Not only can you wine & dine at your pleasure at a variety of venues - our long-standing community supporter Dave Watson of future.travel (the first merchant in Vietnam to implement Bitcoin payments in 2015) will also get your flights, hotel and visa arranged - all for a handful of Sats.
Food & Beverage Venues
- Address (District 1): 17 Han Thuyen, Ben Nghe, D1, HCMC
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/Mc5gTiajZB1BhKS6A
- Phone: +84901453194
- Style: Italian restaurant (Pizza & Pasta)
Led by the young Vietnamese entrepreneurs Kevin and Ariel Italiani’s has been a meeting point for the local Bitcoin community since 2016. As such, their original location also wrote a little Vietnamese Bitcoin history, hosting the very first Bitcoin ATM in Vietnam back in 2016.
Their venue in Han Thuyen is located romantically right next to 30/04 park between the Independence palace and Notre Dame church.
So if outside the usual Bitcoin meetups you are looking for the right venue for a date night - food & ambience certainly will not disappoint!
- Location review: bitcoinsaigon.org/location-review-italianis
- Facebook: fb.com/ItalianisPizza2
- Instagram: instagram.com/italianis.saigon
Tippy’s Mexican Food
- Address (District 1): 31/40 Bùi Viện, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Address (District 4): 99 Số 45, Phường 5, Quận 4, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Google Maps: District 1, District 4
- Phone: +84354759810 (District 1), +84378052168 (District 4)
- Style: Mexican restaurant (Burritos & Tacos)
Led by F&B veteran Christopher Arizaga from Arizona, Tippy’s has become a regular spot for the local Bitcoin meetups as one of the leading localities to stock up & splurge on Mexican comfort food.
Burritos, Tacos, Guacamole, Quesadilla… - everything the Mexican cuisine has to offer and more to make you happy & full!
- Location review: (Following soon!)
- Facebook: fb.com/TippysMexicanFood
- Address: Hẻm, 15A/54 Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/yiGoxWvw8TnnM4FS6
- Phone: +84908889521
- Style: Bar
Is a little bespoke/speak easy lounge/bar in the middle of Japanese town. Serves cocktails, spirits and a selection of Japanese liquor. There is also a food menu for hand food.
Perfect for a date or just a night to relax and chill with friends. With live music on special nights.
- Location review: (Following soon!)
- Facebook: fb.com/lahemcafebar
Sector: Online Travel Agency (Flights, Cruises, Hotels, Visas and more!) Full service Travel Agent with online ticketing
- Address: 15/6 Le Van Huan, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City (Airport location)
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/7aPVHXaRg1W9Ncs67
- Phone: +84 28 7301 9991 or WhatsAp/Viber/Zalo +84902669335
If there is one person in Saigon and possibly all over Vietnam who deserves the title as the doyen of Bitcoin merchant adoption in Vietnam, then it is Future.Travel’s General Director David Watson.
An entrepreneur from head to toe and with business operating experience across 4 different continents in his long career, back in 2015 they were the first merchant to accept Bitcoin for service offerings at the travel agency.
He and his firm have been a steady supporter over the years of the local community - be it the efforts around Bitfilm Festival 2015; BlockFin Asia or sponsoring the Bitcoin Lightning Node of the local community.
Dave himself is also a regular at the local Bitcoin meetups and probably the person who has set up the most people with wallets and their first Sats all across the country.
- Interview: (following soon!)
- Website: future.travel
- Twitter: twitter.com/FutureTravel14
- Facebook: fb.com/FutureTravel-1504447956442155
This page is purely for informational purpose. As for the matter of the current legal status of Cryptocurrency payments in Vietnam we recommend to reach out to the following Vietnam-based Bitcoin companies: BitcoinVN (Bitcoin Exchange Service) / Neutronpay (Bitcoin payment processor)
If you would like to support the work of the Bitcoin Saigon Community - you can donate some of your Sats to us via our Donation page!