The Bitcoin Community in Saigon has these days thanks to the dedicated work of some people within the community been able to expand the reach of Bitcoin Merchants in Saigon.
Not only can you wine & dine at your pleasure at a variety of venues - our long-standing community supporter David Watson of Future.Travel (the first merchant in Vietnam to implement Bitcoin payments in 2015) will also get your flights, hotel and visa arranged - all for a handful of Sats.
Food & Beverage Venues
- Address (District 1): 17 Han Thuyen, Ben Nghe, D1, HCMC
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/Mc5gTiajZB1BhKS6A
- Phone: +84901453194
- Style: Italian restaurant (Pizza & Pasta)
Led by the young Vietnamese entrepreneurs Kevin and Ariel Italiani’s has been a meeting point for the local Bitcoin community since 2016. As such, their original location also wrote a little Vietnamese Bitcoin history, hosting the very first Bitcoin ATM in Vietnam back in 2016.
Their venue in Han Thuyen is located romantically right next to 30/04 park between the Independence palace and Notre Dame church.
So if outside the usual Bitcoin meetups you are looking for the right venue for a date night - food & ambience certainly will not disappoint!
- Location review: bitcoinsaigon.org/location-review-italianis
- Facebook: fb.com/ItalianisPizza2
- Instagram: instagram.com/italianis.saigon
Tippy’s Mexican Food
- Address (District 1): 31/40 Bùi Viện, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Address (District 4): 99 Số 45, Phường 5, Quận 4, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Google Maps: District 1, District 4
- Phone: +84354759810 (District 1), +84378052168 (District 4)
- Style: Mexican restaurant (Burritos & Tacos)
Led by F&B veteran Christopher Arizaga from Arizona, Tippy’s has become a regular spot for the local Bitcoin meetups as one of the leading localities to stock up & splurge on Mexican comfort food.
Burritos, Tacos, Guacamole, Quesadilla… - everything the Mexican cuisine has to offer and more to make you happy & full!
- Address: Hẻm, 15A/54 Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/yiGoxWvw8TnnM4FS6
- Phone: +84908889521
- Style: Bar
Is a little bespoke/speak easy lounge/bar in the middle of Japanese town. Serves cocktails, spirits and a selection of Japanese liquor. There is also a food menu for hand food.
Perfect for a date or just a night to relax and chill with friends. With live music on special nights.
- Location review: (Following soon!)
- Facebook: fb.com/lahemcafebar
- Address: 46 Trường Sơn, Phường 2, Tân Bình, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 70000, Vietnam - Google Maps - Phone: 02835474034 – 02835474035.
- Address 2nd location: 12 Cao Thắng, Phường 5, Quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 70000, Vietnam - Google Maps - Phone: 02839291688
- Style: American Style BBQ
Bitcoin & Meat - latest since the trend towards Bitcoin Carnivory which was set in Motion by Michael Goldstein of the Nakamoto Institute several years ago, it has become a match made in heaven for a strong subsection of the Bitcoin Community.
Hard money in combination with hard muscles - built by consumption of large swaths of meat.
All of that you can have at Rob Rankin’s Big Pig BBQ with currently two locations in town; one of them right next to Tân Sơn Nhất Airport within five minutes walking distance to the terminal.
Besides being able to exchange Sats for Steak - they’re also host of some of the Bitcoin ATMs in town.
- Location review: bitcoinsaigon.org/location-revue-big-pig-bbq
- Facebook: fb.com/bigpig.vn
- Instagram: instagram.com/bigpig.vn
Hem Chill - Seoul Street
- Address: 8/13 Duong So 49B, Thao Dien, Quan 2, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 70000, Vietnam
- Google Maps: g.page/hemchill-d2
- Phone: 02836202919
- Style: Bar & Fingerfood (Asian Style)
Located in Saigon’s “Western expat” district of Thao Dien, Hem Chill - Seoul Street is one of the newest additions to Rob Rankin’s network of theme-oriented F&B outlets in town.
Hem Chill Seoul Street describes itself as inspired by the vibrant walking streets of Asia with a wide variety of signature cocktails, craft beer, wine & soju as well as a variety of Asian & Western food delights.
- Location review: [soon to follow!]
- Facebook: fb.com/hemchill.d2
- Instagram: instagram.com/hemchill.d2
- Style: Indian Restaurant
“Baba’s brings India to Vietnam” is the motto of Baba’s Kitchen, which has been operating since fall of 2011 in the heart of our beloved Saigon.
By now being close to a decade in operation (and recently expanding to new locations in Thao Dien as well as the tourist town of Hoi An in Quang Nam province), you can tell that they found approval & steady support within Saigon’s large Foodie scene.
Baba’s is offering a wide variety of Indian menu offerings, including mild, vegetarian and halal options at a very affordable price point.
Baba’s Kitchen has been a regular venue of the weekly Bitcoin Saigon meetups since several years.
- Location review: [soon to follow!]
- Facebook: Baba’s Kitchen
- Instagram: Baba’s Kitchen
- Twitter: Baba’s Kitchen
Capone’s Chicago Deep Dish Pizza & Street Food
- Address: 13 Đường số 49B, Thảo Điền, Quận 2, Ho Chi Minh City
- Google Maps: g.page/CaponesPizzaSaigonHCMC
- Phone: +84338787459
- Style: Authentic Chicago Deep Dish pizza & street food
Capone’s Chicago Deep Dish Pizza has been filling a gap in Saigon’s ever expanding scene of food offerings:
If you got cravings for a typical Chicago-area Deep Dish Pizza - Capone’s got you covered. The Pizza pies are huge - and if that is still not enough for you, Capone’s got the “Double Decker” version on the menu to really fill you up!
One of the highlights of the location is the stunning riverside view with a look right onto South-East Asia’s tallest building, the Landmark 81 at Vinhomes Central Park.
- Location review: [soon to follow!]
- Facebook: fb.com/CaponesDeepDishandStreetFood
- Instagram: instagram.com/capones_saigon/
Sector: Online Travel Agency (Flights, Cruises, Hotels, Visas and more!) Full service Travel Agent with online ticketing
- Address: 15/6 Le Van Huan, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City (Airport location)
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/7aPVHXaRg1W9Ncs67
- Phone: +842873019991 or WhatsAp/Viber/Zalo +84902669335
If there is one person in Saigon and possibly all over Vietnam who deserves the title as the doyen of Bitcoin merchant adoption in Vietnam, then it is Future.Travel’s General Director David Watson.
An entrepreneur from head to toe and with business operating experience across 4 different continents in his long career, back in 2015 they were the first merchant to accept Bitcoin for service offerings at the travel agency.
He and his firm have been a steady supporter over the years of the local community - be it the efforts around Bitfilm Festival 2015; BlockFin Asia or sponsoring the Bitcoin Lightning Node of the local community.
David himself is also a regular at the local Bitcoin meetups and probably the person who has set up the most people with wallets and their first Sats all across the country.
- Interview: Interview David Watson
- Website: future.travel
- Twitter: twitter.com/FutureTravel14
- Facebook: fb.com/FutureTravel-1504447956442155
Sector: Bitcoin-related hardware and merchandise
BitcoinVN itself is Vietnam’s oldest Bitcoin Exchange service operating in the country since early 2014; founded by industry veterans such as Dominik Weil, Alex Winter and Bao Phuong Nguyen and provides a variety of exchange-related services such as the online trading platform VBTC, the brokerage BitcoinVN, an OTC desk for institutional & affluent private clients and a fleet of Bitcoin ATMs.
- Interview: (following soon!)
- Website: shop.bitcoinvn.io
- Facebook: BitcoinVN Shop
- Twitter: BitcoinVN Shop
This page is purely for informational purpose. As for the matter of the current legal status of Cryptocurrency payments in Vietnam we recommend to reach out to the following Vietnam-based Bitcoin companies: BitcoinVN (Bitcoin Exchange Service) / Neutronpay (Bitcoin payment processor)
If you would like to support the work of the Bitcoin Saigon Community - you can donate some of your Sats to us via our Donation page!